Folger Stable: Trail rides, Events WUNDERLICH TRAIL RIDES AND LESSON and Boarding
Located in Wunderlich Park, riders have access to 942 acres of biodiversity and 17 miles of dog-less, bike-less trails. Wunderlich’s all-weather trails are wide, well-groomed, and suitable for all gaits. The trails easily connect to other Mid-Peninsula parks such as Huddart Park via the Skyline Trail.
WUNDERLICH TRAIL RIDES
Go on a ride through the beautiful, historic all weather trails through the redwoods at the historic Folger Stable
1/2 hour $40
1 hour $60
1 1/2 hours $90
1/2 hour $40
1 hour $60
ENGLISH LESSONS AND WESTERN DRESSAGE
1/2 hour $50
1 hour $70
1 hour private lesson $85
Please call (408) 726-8453 to inquire about reserving these trail rides for your group or daycation.
Horses live in covered stalls, either in the historic Main Barn or one of the outer barns. They receive 4 hours of turnout daily, 7 days a week and each turnout is equipped with a porta-grazer. Folger Stables provides twice a day feeding, blanketing and 7 days a week night supervision.
Boarders may also practice their disciplines in the groomed riding arena or exercise their horse in the round pen. While there are no trainers on site, boarders are welcome to invite professionals onto the property for private lessons.
Folger Stables is an unsupervised facility. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
The riding arena is open to the public with a free membership. Membership applications and release forms for San Mateo County may be downloaded, completed and dropped off or mailed to the main barn or emailed to email@example.com. Professional trainers must provide necessary insurance.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept stallions.
Folger Stable History
Folger Stable was built in 1905 by James A. Folger II of Folgers Coffee Company. He commissioned Arthur Brown Jr., in partnership with Henry Schulze, to design the estate and stables. His great-grandson, Peter Folger II, sold the stables and 942 acres of land to Martin Wunderlich in 1956. Wunderlich then donated the stables and surrounding land to the County of San Mateo in 1974. Without public funds available to preserve the main building and surrounding smaller buildings, Folger Stable fell into disrepair. In 2002, the Friends of Huddart and Wunderlich Parks established the Folger Estate Stable Committee and, in conjunction with the San Mateo County Parks Department, began renovating the stable to its original condition. In 2004, the Folger Estate Stable Historic District was named to the National Register of Historic Places. The renovation was completed in 2010 and includes a museum that was the original Carriage Room of the Stable.